District Sales Manager
Job Number: 3868
The District Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of the organization's products within a specific division. This position sells the company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the District Sales Manager provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills; customer retention
- Direct, coach and lead salespeople to increased rental revenues through the use of the sale tools, techniques and market information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill, fluent speaking and writing English
- Knowledge of business accounting principles, budget preparation, and strong business acumen
- Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Driven and results oriented; business development, KPIs, and market expansion to meet corporate targets
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of construction equipment and rental industry
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the organization and customer operations
ESSENTIAL AND NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates in development and implementation of sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Assigns sales territory to sales representatives
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients
- Meets with key clients, maintains relationships to aid in negotiations and closing deals
- Liaison between sales department and other sales related units
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition
- Extensive ground travel within territory, 70% - 85%.
- Assists in the formulation and delivery of sales training materials and efforts
- Evaluation of individual sales performance; monitoring call quality, number of calls, and customers targeted
- New business development, customer retention, market expansion 60%
- Coach and mentor field sales representatives 25%
- Develops & implements strategic sales plans and forecasts 10%
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned within department 5%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Administration, or Construction Management.
- 7 or more years of directly related business management and/or operational management experience leading diverse sales teams and offering a broad range of product offerings.
- Experience in the construction equipment rental industry, preferred.
- At least 3 years of previous management experience with field representatives.
- Experience managing sales team and diverse product offerings
WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work environment is consistent of an office located on parcel housing construction equipment inventory and repair/service shop
- Safety training required; PPE required outside of office/parking lot area
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time with frequent bending and stooping
This role profile is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this role profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
City: San Francisco
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US
Community / Marketing Title: District Sales Manager
Requisition Number: 1649
EEO Employer Verbiage: